USAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. INFORMATION ON THE COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1.1. We are pleased that you are visiting our website and/or have purchased or subscribed to our product and thank you for your interest. In the following, we inform you about the handling of your personal data. Personal data is all data with which you can be personally identified. 1.2. The controller in charge for data processing within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Vässla AB, Swedish Reg. No. 559117-4882, with reg- istered address at Kungsgatan 84, 112 27 Stockholm, Sweden, e-mail: hi@vassla.- com. The controller in charge of the processing of personal data is the natural or legal person who alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. 1.3. This website uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or inquiries to the controller). You can recognize an encrypted connection by the character string https:// and the lock symbol in your browser line.
- When using our website for information only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called "server log files"). When you visit our website, we collect the follow- ing data that is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website Date and time at the moment of access Amount of data sent in bytes Source/reference from which you came to the page Browser used Operating system used IP address used (if applicable: in anonymized form) Data processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files subsequently, if there are any concrete indications of illegal use.
- In order to make your visit to our website attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your end device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your terminal and enable us or our partner companies (third- party cookies) to recognize your browser on your next visit (persistent cookies). If cookies are set, they collect and process specific user information such as browser and location data as well as IP address values according to individual requirements. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie.
- In some cases, cookies are used to simplify the ordering process by saving settings (e.g. remembering the content of a virtual shopping basket for a later visit to the web- site). If personal data are also processed by individual cookies set by us, the process- ing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR either for the execution of the contract or in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR to safeguard our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and effective design of the page visit. We work together with advertising partners who help us to make our website more interesting for you. For this purpose, cookies from part- ner companies are also stored on your hard drive when you visit our website (third- party cookies). You will be informed individually and separately about the use of such
cookies and the scope of the information collected in each case within the following sections. 3.3. Please note that you can set your browser in such a way that you are informed about the setting of cookies and you can decide individually about their acceptance or ex- clude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally. Each browser differs in the way it manages the cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of each browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You will find these for the respective browsers under the following links: Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cook- ies Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/privacy/websites/#cookies Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html 3.4. Please note that the functionality of our website may be limited if cookies are not ac- cepted.
CONTACTING VÄSSLA In the context of contacting us (e.g. via contact form or e-mail), personal data is col- lected. Which data is collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the re- spective contact form. These data are stored and used exclusively for the purpose of responding to your request or for establishing contact and for the associated technical administration. The legal basis for processing data is our legitimate interest in re- sponding to your request in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR. If your contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR. Your data will be deleted after final processing of your enquiry; this is the case if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified, provided that there are no legal storage obligations to the con- trary.
DATA PROCESSING When Opening a Customer Account and for Contract Processing Pursuant to Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR, personal data will continue to be collected and processed if you provide them to us for the execution of a contract or when opening a customer account. Which data is collected can be seen from the respective input forms. It is possible to delete your customer account at any time. This can be done by sending a message to the above-mentioned address of the controller. We store and use the data provided by you for contract processing/performance of contract and our legitimate interests. After complete processing of the contract or deletion of your customer account, your data will be blocked in consideration of tax and commercial retention periods and deleted after expiry of these periods, unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data or a legally permitted further use of data has been reserved by our site, about which we will inform you accordingly below.
USE OF YOUR DATA FOR DIRECT ADVERTISING
- If you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter, we will send you regular information about our offers. The only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. The indication of additional possible data is voluntary and is used to be able to address you personally. We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for sending the newsletter. This means that we will not send you an e-mail newsletter, unless you have expressly confirmed to us that you agree to the sending of the newsletter. We will then send you a confirmation e-mail asking you to confirm that you wish to receive fu- ture newsletters by clicking on an appropriate link.
- By activating the confirmation link, you give us your consent to the use of your person- al data in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point a GDPR. When you register for the news- letter, we store your IP address entered by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) as well as the date and time of registration so that we can trace any possible misuse of your e-mail address at a later time. The data collected by us when registering for the news- letter will be used exclusively for the purpose of advertising by means of the news- letter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the link provided in the newsletter or by sending a message to the responsible person named above. After your cancellation, your e-mail address will immediately be deleted from our newsletter distribution list, unless you have expressly consented to further use of your data or we reserve the right to use data in excess thereof, which is permitted by law and about which we inform you in this declaration.
USE OF YOUR DATA TO PROVIDE INFORMATION REQUESTED BY YOU. For some products or services, we offer you the possibility to receive related informa- tion on a running basis. If you give us your consent thereto, we will process your per- sonal data to the extent necessary to provide such information, eg. e-mail address, phone number, information related to the product or its location, or other personal data as directed by you. You can opt out of receiving such information at any time, and we will cease our processing of your relevant personal data upon such opt-out.
PROCESSING OF DATA FOR THE PURPOSE OF ORDER HANDLING
- To process your order, we work together with the following service provider(s), which support us wholly or partially in the execution of concluded contracts. Certain personal data is transferred to these service providers in accordance with the following informa- tion.
- The personal data collected by us will be passed on to the transport company com- missioned with the delivery within the scope of contract processing, insofar as this is necessary for the delivery of the goods. We will pass on your payment data to the commissioned credit institution within the framework of payment processing, if this is necessary for payment handling. If payment service providers are used, we explicitly inform you of this below. The legal basis for the transfer of data is Art. 6 (1) point b GDPR. Payment Service Providers
- Omocom Omocom is an insurance-company whom we have a collaboration with to offer insurance to customers who rent the Vässla Bike through Vässla Club. In order to create a valid insurance Omocom will need basic information about the policyholder. Information passed on to Omocom is only done when the policyholder has applied for insurance. For complete information about Omocom’s processing of personal data please visit https://www.omocom.insurance/.
USE OF VIDEOS USE OF YOUTUBE VIDEOS
- This website uses the Youtube embedding function for display and playback of videos offered by the provider Youtube, which belongs to Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google").
- To this end, the extended data protection mode is used to ensure, according to provider information, that user information will only be stored once the playback func- tion of the video is started. When the playback of embedded YouTube videos is start- ed, the provider sets "YouTube" cookies in order to collect information about user be- havior. According to indications from Youtube, the use of those cookies is intended, among other things, to record video statistics, to improve user-friendliness and to avoid improper actions. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account when you click on a video. If you do not wish to be asso- ciated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. Google saves your data (even for users who are not logged in) as usage profiles and evaluates them. Such an evaluation takes place in particular according to Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of the legitimate interests of Google in the insertion of per- sonalized advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
- Regardless of whether the embedded video is played back, a connection to the Google network "double click" is established when visiting this website. This may trig- ger further data processing beyond our control.
- Google LLC, based in the USA, is certified for the US-European data protection agreement "Privacy Shield", which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU in relation to all services related to this policy.
- Further information on YouTube data protection can be found in the provider's data protection statement at: www.google.com/policies/privacy/
ONLINE-MARKETING DoubleClick by Google
- This website uses the online marketing tool DoubleClick by Google of the operator Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Double- Click").
- In addition, DoubleClick may use cookie IDs to collect conversions related to ad re- quests. This is the case, for example, when a user sees a DoubleClick ad and later visits the advertiser's website with the same browser and buys something there. Ac- cording to Google, DoubleClick cookies do not contain any personal information.
- Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct con- nection to the Google server. We have no influence on the extent and the further use of the data collected by Google when using this tool and we therefore inform you ac- cording to our level of knowledge: By integrating DoubleClick, Google receives the in- formation that you have accessed the corresponding part of our internet presence or clicked on an advertisement from us. If you are registered with a Google service, Google may associate your visit with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider may obtain and store your IP address.
- If you do not wish to participate in this tracking process, you can disable cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser to block cookies from the www.googlead- services.com domain, https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662856?hl=en-GB, which will be deleted if you delete your cookies. Alternatively, you can contact the Digi- tal Advertising Alliance at www.aboutads.info to find out how to set cookies and to make the relevant settings. Finally, you can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and decide individually whether to accept them or to ex- clude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general. If cookies are not ac- cepted, the functionality of our website may be limited.
- This website uses the online advertising program "Google AdWords" and the conver- sion tracking within the framework of Google AdWords, Google LLC, 1600 Amphithe- atre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). We use the program of Google Adwords to draw attention to our attractive offers with the help of advertising materials (so-called Google Adwords) on external websites. We can determine, in rela- tion to the advertising campaigns data, how successful the individual advertising mea- sures is. We are interested in showing you advertisements that are of interest to you. We want to make our website more interesting for you and to achieve a fair calculation of advertising costs.
- The conversion tracking cookie is set on a user’s browser, if he clicks on an AdWords ad delivered by Google. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer system. These cookies usually lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits a certain page of this website and if the cookie has not yet expired, Google and we will be able to recognize that the user clicked on the ad and was forwarded to this page. Each Google AdWords customer gets a differ- ent cookie. Thus, cookies cannot be traced via the website of AdWords customers. The information collected by the conversion cookies is used to provide aggregate con- version statistics to AdWords customers who have opted-in for conversion tracking. Customers are informed about the total number of users who clicked on the ad and were forwarded to a conversion tracking tag page. However, they do not get any in- formation enabling them to identify users personally. If you do not want to participate in the tracking program, you can refuse the use of this program by deactivating the
- WEB ANALYTICS SERVICES Google (Universal) Analytics
- Google Analytics This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, which are text files stored on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookies about your use of this website (including the shortened IP address) is general- ly transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. This website uses Google Analytics exclusively with the extension "_anonymizeIp()", which ensures an anonymization of the IP address by shortening it and excludes a direct personal rela- tionship. As a result of the extension, your IP address will previously be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP ad- dress will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. In these exceptional cases, processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 (1) point f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behavior for op- timization and marketing purposes.
- RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
- The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive rights of data subjects (rights of information and intervention) vis-à-vis the data controller with regard to the processing of your personal data, about which we inform you below :
- Right of access by the data subject pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR Right to rectification pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR Right to erase (“right to be forgotten”) pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR Right to restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR Right to be informed pursuant to Art. 19 GDPR Right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR Right to withdraw a given consent pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR Right to lodge a complaint pur- suant to Art. 77 GDPR 14.2 RIGHT TO OBJECT
- IF, WITHIN THE FRAMEWORK OF A CONSIDERATION OF INTERESTS, WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA ON THE BASIS OF OUR PREDOMINANT LE- GITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AT ANY TIME TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE ON THE GROUNDS THAT ARISE FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION. IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OB- JECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. HOWEVER, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO FURTHER PROCESSING IF WE CAN PROVE COM- PELLING REASONS WORTHY OF PROTECTION FOR PROCESSING WHICH OUTWEIGH YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR IF THE PROCESSING SERVES TO ASSERT, EXERCISE OR DEFEND LEGAL CLAIMS. IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESS- ING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA WHICH ARE USED FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. YOU MAY EXERCISE THE OBJECTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVE. IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED FOR DIRECT ADVERTISING PURPOSES.
- DURATION OF STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA The duration of the storage of personal data is determined by the respective legal re- tention period (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods). After expiry of this period, the corresponding data will be routinely deleted, provided they are no longer neces- sary for the performance or initiation of the contract and/or there is no longer any legit- imate interest on our part in the further storage.